The 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
Virtual National Recognition Events
Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3, 2020
What if I have a technical issue?
- Make sure to press the play button in the YouTube window to start viewing the livestream.
- Please join us a couple minutes before the designated start time each day. We will start promptly!
- Ensure your device speaker volume is turned on, and make your video full screen for the best experience.
- During the Friday and Saturday sessions, you will be using Zoom through our site. The facilitators will help you if you are unfamiliar with some of the technical aspects of Zoom, and we ask that you visit https://zoom.us/download to download Zoom on your computer or mobile device. It is free. Also, please rename your screen window; we would like “First Name – State initials” (e.g., Ann – MN).
- Do not share the website link or password. The Friday and Saturday events are designated for State Honorees. Sunday is for State Honorees and parents only.
Still need help? Please reach out to Rebecca Mahan at 908-907-6713 or Rebecca.Mahan@prudential.com.
She will be available on Friday from 6:30 – 8pm ET, Saturday from 4 – 6pm ET and Sunday 4 – 6pm ET.
What to wear and Zoom session tips?
- Please dress in school-appropriate clothing.
- Here are a few helpful tips for being on camera during the Zoom sessions:
- Use a natural, simple background in your home.
- Try to keep movement in the background (like ceiling fans) to a minimum.
- Find a space without a lot of background noise.
- Put light sources in front of you, not behind you. The light should be coming from the direction in which you are looking so that it illuminates your face. As you look at your monitor, the light should be behind or to the side of the monitor. Natural light is best! So if you’re set up in front of a window, have the window behind your monitor. That would be perfect!
- Set the camera eye at eye level, with the laptop at a 90-degree angle so it’s not facing upward. That means you might need to stack the laptop on boxes or books.
- Center yourself in front of the screen.
How do I find my project-sharing group number and what do I need to bring?
- Your counselors will tell you your group number on Friday night. You will also receive a link to it in the Saturday morning email. If you have forgotten your project-sharing group number, it can be found under the Resources menu.
- You need to be prepared to share about your service project. You may also share a few pictures or a flyer that you can hold up to your computer’s camera to share.
When will I receive my scholarship?
- After the virtual event, you will receive an email with information on how to redeem your scholarship, multi-media content to share, and more!